Is it really free?
Yes, this site is free to use, sign up to as many sites as you like, and it won't cost you anything. There are no charges, you will not be asked to enter a credit card number or any personal details. Just an email address and/or cellphone number depending where you want to receive the alerts.
How do I get notifcations to my cell phone?
Cellular service providers provide what is called a SMTP to SMS gateway. In simpler terms, you can send emails from anywhere, and have it go to your cell phone like a text message. To do so, you need to find out what domain your service provider uses. There is a list available here. Or you can see if your provider is listed below:
- Aliant: [number]@sms.wirefree.informe.ca
- Bell Mobility: [number]@txt.bellmobility.ca
- Fido: [number]@sms.fido.ca
- Koodoo: [number]@msg.telus.com
- Lynx: [number]@sms.lynxmobility.com
- MTS Mobility: [number]@text.mtsmobility.com
- PC Telecom: [number]@mobiletxt.ca
- Rogers: [number]@pcs.rogers.com
- Sasktel: [number]@sms.sasktel.com
- Telus: [number]@msg.telus.com
- Virgin: [number]@vmobile.ca
- Wind: [number]@txt.windmobile.ca
If you find a mistake, or know of a provider we've missed, please use the Contact Us page to let us know.
The location I want alerts on isn't listed!
That's not a question. Seriously though, if there's an area you want notifications on but don't see listed, please use the Contact Us page to let us know and we'll get it added.
How do I unsubscribe?
Use the Contact Us page, preferably while logged in, to unsubscribe. We usually respond within a few hours and delete the account immediately. It won't take up to 30 days like some sites.
I forgot my password.
Use the Reset Password page.